Topic: How To insttal TravelCRM on windows

hello all
How To insttal TravelCRM  on windows ?

Re: How To insttal TravelCRM on windows

At first you need to install Pyramid Framework and Postgresql. See here how to install Pyramid on Windows and here Postgresql binaries.
After that you can install TravelCRM in virtualenv and restore database dump.
I'll try to make guide how to install TravelCRM on Windows in the near feature

i do it i see this error  when i run

python setup.py develop

Writing c:\users\djoudi.net\appdata\local\temp\easy_install-ya1ssq\psycopg2-2.5.
3\setup.cfg
Running psycopg2-2.5.3\setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir c:\users\djoudi.net\appd
ata\local\temp\easy_install-ya1ssq\psycopg2-2.5.3\egg-dist-tmp-gvtxny
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

Your problem is in psycopg2 installation
Try to install psycopg separately from TravelCRM. Please see here how to install psycopg on Windows.

I followed your steps here

mazvv wrote:

At first you need to install Pyramid Framework and Postgresql. See how to install Pyramid on Windows and Postgresql binaries.

How do i do the next part "After that you can install TravelCRM in virtualenv and restore database dump"?

ch.ch1 wrote:

mazvv wrote:

At first you need to install Pyramid Framework and Postgresql. See how to install Pyramid on Windows and Postgresql binaries.

How do i do the next part "After that you can install TravelCRM in virtualenv and restore database dump"?

What version of TravelCRM are you using?

mazvv wrote:
ch.ch1 wrote:

mazvv wrote:

What version of TravelCRM are you using?

The one from the website, 0.6.2 Dev

At first, make sure that you have Python 2.7 and Postgresql 9.3 or above on you system. If you have no it download Python from python.org and install than download Postgresql from postgresql.org and install it too. Next install virtualenv from windows console (cmd)

pip install virtualenv

Create virtual environment for Travelcrm:

virtualenv --no-site-packages pyramid

and extract travelcrm files into newly created pyramid directory.
To install TravelCRM and all dependencies run

./bin/python ./travelcrm-0.6.2-dev/setup.py develop

Inside travelcrm directory you can find sql dump for postgresql database. Restore this one into your database using

psql -d mydb < travelcrm_en.sql

and change connection string in development.ini config file in the TravelCRM directory (sqlalchemy.url)
Try to start TravelCRM

../bin/pserve --reload development.ini

I'm a noob to this.... I re-installed Python 2.7 and Postgresql 9.3, and than did the command (pip install virtualenv) in the Windows CMD and got this error
"pip is not recognized as an internal or external command"

ch.ch1 wrote:

I'm a noob to this.... I re-installed Python 2.7 and Postgresql 9.3, and than did the command (pip install virtualenv) in the Windows CMD and got this error

Ok, you can use another way to install virtualenv - with easy_install. Please, download ez_setup.py and  run it.
Than use:

easy_install virtualenv

mazvv wrote:
ch.ch1 wrote:

Ok, you can use another way to install virtualenv - with easy_install. Please, download  and  run it.
Than use:

easy_install virtualenv

I need to be something wrong, as i still get the same error (type)

12 (edited by samee2877 2016-04-04 13:17:50)

Hi am new to Python and trying to setup TravelCRM on my system (Win8).
I was successful till creating virtualenv --no-site-packages pyramid
Then extracted travelcrm-0.6.4.dev3 folder from the compressed downloded file in this folder.
While doing ./bin/python ./travelcrm-0.6.2-dev/setup.py develop, I got an error " '..' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I am not sure what to do next. I even added the folder path of the virtualenv folder in the Systems>Environmental Variable>Path. Still the same issue. Can you guys pls help.

Wish the developers could have made a clear setup guide or video. It would have helped alot many of us who are not accustomed to Python.

pls make video help

mazvv wrote:

At first, make sure that you have Python 2.7 and Postgresql 9.3 or above on you system. If you have no it download Python from python.org and install than download Postgresql from postgresql.org and install it too. Next install virtualenv from windows console (cmd)

pip install virtualenv

Create virtual environment for Travelcrm:

virtualenv --no-site-packages pyramid

and extract travelcrm files into newly created pyramid directory.
To install TravelCRM and all dependencies run

./bin/python ./travelcrm-0.6.2-dev/setup.py develop

Inside travelcrm directory you can find sql dump for postgresql database. Restore this one into your database using

psql -d mydb < travelcrm_en.sql

and change connection string in development.ini config file in the TravelCRM directory (sqlalchemy.url)
Try to start TravelCRM

../bin/pserve --reload development.ini

I cant proceed with this step. I am try to load crm version travelcrm-0.6.4b2